Monday, July 24, 2006

THE BELL HAS TOLLED; ROUND 1 (ONE)

We are going to take this slow and easy. County elections, some State elections and Federal elections are now underway. There are people in town wanting to start early, it seems, on City elections (NOW).

As I want this to be a responsible blog and let both sides respond in kind, I will take my time in coming up with the first REAL posting about politics in this fair city of New Albania.

It's interesting as to where I could start. Mayor Bob Real I've only spoken with by telephone. He seems to be a decent kind of gent. Mayor Hunter and I know each other well, through the sewer board (and he was gracious enough to dance with me at Garner's Inaugural Ball). Mayor England and I know each other and have recently shared a beer and a warm talk. Mayor Overton and I conversed and knew each other extremely well. Mayor Garner and I have a lot of personal things going on which cross each others' lives. My brother-in-law knows him well and I really like his wife and his in-laws, Dr. and Mrs. Irvine.

Council members are another story, in and of their selves. Some I have know a long time, others only a short period. This blog will allow me to express my opinions, and yea, you surely probably will disagree with some of them. If you keep them from being "nasty" or "name-calling" in tone, I'll be happy to publish your disagreements. Yes, Politics are and can be an ugly, ugly thing, but a necessary one; I for one am proud to be an American and able to participate in the process in this manner, and plan to continue.

Now, back to thinking exactly where to start at..................

3 comments:

A Democrat in Floyd County said...

The next to last paragraph should have read "Some I have known a long time". Sorry for the mistake. Take care New Albany.

Anonymous said...

Understand that "warm" conversation was nigh unto romantical with the "English" candidate. Of course, no one but yourself will ever see this, but you should know that not every bar conversation remains private.

A Democrat in Floyd County said...

Hey, I'm the one that went around town telling me Mayor England came in to have a beer with me and asked me to dance. Guess it shows I really try not to burn my bridges behind me! I think everyone in the bar heard him telling me how "lovely" I am and how he need my help. Hmmmmm. Interesting, isn't it. Thanks for your comments (not quite sure what it has to do with the price of beans in China)...but, everyone already knows.

Just like I was viewing photographs of an aspiring politician in town dancing on the bar. Photographs are available for this one. Does that matter?
Hmmmm.