Monday, July 30, 2007

WHAT IS IT -- SOMETHING NO ONE WANTS TO TALK ABOUT?

The curiosity has awakened in me...what's this about the redistricting of the City of New Albany actually being underway downtown, in a Court of Law? As I am aware Mr. Ulrich attended, along with Mr. Coffey, Mr. Gahan, Mr. Kochert and evidently I am entirely wrong about all of this, especially Mr. Baylor. Please accept my public apologies. Thank you for setting the record straight, Mr. Baylor. I do appreciate it. Mr. Baylor's comments have been published.

As he asked, I will remove the rest of this posting.

It would be an interesting, and awkward, position for some if it was true. Maybe Mr. Schmidtt would get his seat back because Mr. Ceasar would be running against Mr. Coffey for the same district, blah, blah, blah.

Peace, NA.

4 comments:

The New Albanian said...

I'm disappointed, Yvonne.

Your awareness is completely false, and you might wish to consider removing my name from it.

I have attended no such meeting, with or without Mr. Beardsley. Along with numerous other plaintiffs, I attended a meeting at Mr. Beardsley's office more than a year ago, and in fact, less than a month ago I blogged to the effect that I've received no information whatsoever as to the disposition of the redistricting lawsuit.

A correction would be appreciated. If you do so quickly, I won't have to comment on it at NAC -- unless, of course, that was your aim.

Iamhoosier said...

Not sure that I understand your point.

First, if the Council had done their job as they were supposed to, no suit would have been necessary. It is not whether they opposed redistricting or not, they were required by law to do it after the census. So any tax dollars spent on this suit is the fault of the Council--including your councilman, Mr. Price.

I am not a party to the suit. I do find it interesting that Mr. Baylor is the only name that you bring up as there are several citizens of New Albany that are a party to the suit.

A Democrat in Floyd County said...

No argument the issue lies with the Council saying they didn't need to redistrict. I've apologized to Mr. Baylor on the front of the post and removed the information and he has informed me it is flawed and untrue in fact and form.

Mr. Baylor's name was the only litigant's name mentioned to me, thus why I printed only his name.

The story went that Mr. Ulrich called 3 Council members downtown to Court on Friday and who else was there and a Judge and other elements. I apologize to anyone I offended. Thanks. Yvonne.

The New Albanian said...

Thanks.