Sunday, September 30, 2007

MEEMAW'S ANGELS

A quick update on MeeMaw's Angels (all three of them), and I'm happy to say, it's all good.

The eldest, now thirteen, has recovered and came back (with a lot of hard work with his physical therapist) from that ankle fiasco and has made a high school's wrestling team while still an 8th grader. He's got a letter jacket and everything, mon.

He also made straight A's and the Honor Roll. He now has another school which sent him three letters; one for academics, one for athletics and one for all three. He's worried they may not need him for their wrestling team and he's already made one school's team -- but he's going to take a tour and MeeMaw told him to have them show him their wrestling team. He's doing so great...and to hear him say the words "Meemaw, I've always heard if I worked hard and did right it would pay off...wow, MeeMaw". Music to a grandmother's ears! Go, baby, Go!

Collin, the seven year old who had the attached spinal cord, is doing great, also. He has more girlfriends than you can shake a stick at. He reminds me of my baby bro who use to have a "kissing club" in the bushes when he was five years old; charging the girls in the neighborhood a nickle to kiss him. Boys will be boys, I guess...

Aiden, Meemaw's youngest Angel, has totally recovered from his tonsillectomy and wearing this MeeMaw out. She's babysitting him from 3 to 4 days per week, and me thinks she is quickly running out of steam. He may be four years old, but he's going to be bigger than my other two grandchildren. This boy is "big", and I don't mean heavy, either (though he may weigh 60 pounds). He learned to climb a tree this week and he told me (as he surveyed his new kingdom from up on that branch) -- "MeeMaw, this is the best day of my life".

How much better can it get than that, I ask you? Thankful, Thankful, Thankful, that's all I can say! Peace, NA.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad the grandchildren are doing so spectacularly! Yes,thankful things have turned out the way they did-could have been such sad stories. Hopefully they all will have many, many, many 'best days of their lives' to come!!! Susan