Wednesday, November 15, 2006

FEDERAL AND LOCAL AVERAGE DAY CITIZENS

Looking at past comments, you can tell the "Mayors" race is hitting the ground running!! :)

My views of Sheriff Hubbard are strictly as a man, not as a Democrat or Republican, but someone is going to try and make a big deal because of saying same. Go for it, I say. Healthy debate, healthy debate.

Several women in town spoke together and we think it may be time to revive the League of Women Voters in New Albany (let's get a grant from Ceasar's). Wouldn't you have loved to see Henderson and Cotner debate; or Mills and Loop; or Stumler and Seabrook? Issues, what issues?

Whether you like public taxpayer advocates or not, to me they are to be commended for their efforts expended attending meetings the average Joe can't make. There was another taxpayer advocate from the County whom passed away named Mildred Wilson. She was a workhorse, and then my good friend and right arm joined forces with her before she passed.

Now, Susan Johnson is relocating to another city over in Louisville. The stress has taken its' toll. When I met up wit her, she was attending (I know I'll never get 'em all, but here goes) County Commissioner meetings; County Council meetings; Schoolboard meetings; Solid Waste meetings; Board of Works meetings; Flood Control meetings; a Trustee of the Building Authority; Redevelopment meetings; and lastly, but not least, sewer board meetings.

We convinced her to hone in on the "slush fund" of the sewers, because that was really where the waste was flowing, literally, down the streets. She already had all of the knowledge of our "various" plants (including one that was to be expanded and she preached and preached they were "de-panding" it. Guess who was right?)

We, too many in the County and City to count, lives have been affected by this great person. She didn't care if you were a D or a R, she was there with the knowledge, support and advice. She helped me learn the sewage collection system.

A tribute to you my friend. God bless. May we find more like you to help us fill those shoes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know Susan very well but from what I have seen I think she is a very dedicated person who will not turn her back on New Albany.

Many of us live in New Albany and work in Louisville. The reverse is also true.

Good luck Susan.

A Democrat in Floyd County said...

Let's hope not, but her husband is determined to get her out of sewer work and she is not to come back for meetings. What a loss of a good person. As one Councilman put it, every town needs a Susan Johnson. Thanks, Shirley.

Anonymous said...

so what are you ex-precinct committee person a republicrat

A Democrat in Floyd County said...

Please, don't worry yourself about me, or mine, or what/how I am or feel about anything.

Proud to have been a precinct committeperson -- hard work; but, hey, someone has to do it. There has never been anything wrong with the third precinct's poll while I was the precinct person, and......?

Walk the walk; the talk just don't hit it anymore. Being precinct committeeperson requires about a 4 am day to about 10 pm...do you have the time? Check with your local party -- they may NEED YOU.

Thanks for your interest and insults. Having paid my dues, I would simply ask if you have paid yours?

Maybe next year I'll charge to put signs in my yard and put both parties and you ALL can try and figure out how I VOTE -- like it's any of your business. Give it a break already.