Thursday, November 23, 2006

H A P P Y T H A N K S G I V I N G !

Happy Thanksgiving from all of me and mine to all of you and yours'!

Truly thankful for my grandson's successful spinal surgery this year. Little fellow is doing well, though Dad has to have the surgery now. We'll worry about that then and not borrow troubles this season.

My thanks to the members in the community who helped me rally to give some needy families some very needed food and clothes, especially for the babies. We have a deaf-mute in New Albany, with a baby, who has much of nothing -- but we helped her out. Thank you to all those who helped. Two other familes received help also, just with the little bit we gathered.

Sometimes you may not know who is in need because of their pride. If you listen closely, you may hear them say "it's been awhile since they had a decent meal lately".

We have so many homeless and street people here in New Albany. What a wonderful thing if one day we could get a shelter. We were hoping the Y would at least have facilities, seeing it's public owned, where some of these people could maybe shower or get a room, but alas, the Y's mission must have changed in my lifetime.

Thank you IN HEAVENS EYES, for all you do for all of the surrounding Southern Indiana Communities.

Thank you for all my friends, neighbors, and my family up "thar" in Eastern Kentucky. We may not be there in person, but we will be there in spirit. We'll see all of you at Christmas; Christmas in the mountains.

Be safe all who have gone out of town and are traveling. Be safe, New Albany -- and Happy Turkey Day!

No comments: