Friday, November 10, 2006

S T I L L S M I L I N G F R O M E L E C T I O N D A Y...:)

At a funeral home last night, I asked a gentleman how he was doing. He replied he was still smiling over Tuesday night's election results. Yes, a big smile broke out on my face, too, I admit it.

As a family, we are thankful Baron Hill has been re-elected to the United States Congress. While it is true our County, Floyd, did not deliver our votes to Baron Hill, it doesn't hurt my feelings a bit regarding all the hard work spent working with and for him. Good luck and keep up the good works. We feel privileged to know this gentleman and wish him God speed on his way to what is this time a DEMOCRATICALLY CONTROLLED HOUSE AND SENATE....YEEEAAAA (please excuse, got carried away with the moment). I'm sure you've all heard how they are planning on ramming as much legislation through they can in the next few weeks. Grrrrrr.

The Democrats took the Secretary of State position (Pearson), which returns the Inspector's position inside the Polls back to the Democrats. Yeeeeaaaaaaa.

Representative Cochran and Senator Connie Sipes winning came of no surprise because of their service to the Community.

The race sure was close for Sheriff, wasn't it? 400 votes. The first time in, what 16 years, a Democrat has taken the Sheriff's position? Not knowing Sheriff Mills personally, I still congratulate him on his win.

Linda Moeller, Barbara Sillings, Jeannie Frieberger, and Brenda Egge were no contest. All have been doing their jobs well. Personally, I am so pleased about Lodema Applegate and her win. She is truly an advocate for the people.

The County commissioners race surprised me. There is a lot to be pondered on about why this happened. The County were truly afraid Mr. Seabrook wants sewers in the County and they don't; it truly looked like Stumler had the win based on his positions about eminent domain, development, etc.; but, scuttlebut has it that is exactly why he lost. Development -- scared there would be no new development. Developers got out that votes -- but again, just the scuttlebutt in the street.

There is a lot of scuttlebutt in the street with the County elections over. The real City races are already underway. Sure should be an interesting time of it (to say the least). As I have resigned my position as 3rd Precinct Democratic Committeeperson and being a common Joe on the street, I surely hope this next Mayoral race isn't going to be as bad as it could turn out to be.

But, of course, since the rumor is Dick Bliss will be occupying Mr. Seabrook position on the City Council now; my rumor mill also tells me Sheriff Hubbard plans on entering the Mayoral race. That'll sure throw a monkey wrench into a lot of Democratic hopefuls.

Having been past pro-tem President for the New Albany Block watch and having worked with Sheriff Hubbard for years and having heard NOTHING bad about him or his service...man has integrity and character (hard to come about in these here parts), and would run this City the way it should be run and do it ONLY FOR THE CITIZENS OF NEW ALBANY. Garner, England and Hubbard..... Well, as long as some people can or will or should realize "it ain't nothing personal, IT'S JUST BUSINESS." It will be a bitter fight for the Democrats.

Disclaimer: These are only my thoughts, opinions and hearsay I have repeated on here. Only time will tell if it's true or not, huh? My ideas reflected and wrote here today are totally with out any affiliation by or with the Democratic party. Sincerely, I would like to think I can stand on my own with my own blog without toooo many people's help in voicing my little 'ole opinion. Thus the name, "just2beheard.blogspot.com".

Thanks for reading -- and by the way -- keep EVAN BAYH's name in your head for President of our United States. He would make a great "dark-horse" candidate and has the know how and the name and the integrity and the respect needed for such an endeavor. Stay tuned on that one, also. Be safe, New Albany....Peace.

9 comments:

Rob said...

Sen Bayh's not really a "dark horse"... Chris Cillizza's been talking about how his organization and fund raising skills have been top-notch in the '08 race...

Sen Bayh has said he won't make a decision about it until after Christmas... he wants to give us some time to decompress after the election for gearing up for the next one... =)

In the meantime if you're interested... we're continuing carrying Bayh's '08 banner...

All America PAC - Sen. Bayh's Leadership PAC
Americans for Bayh - The grassroots Bayh 2008 group
The BayhPartisan - The resource for all thing Bayh
Sen Bayh's Facebook page
Sen Bayh's MySpace page

A Democrat in Floyd County said...

Thank you for your message!

Yes, I got to shake hands with Senator Bayh and whispered in his ear to "please run for President". He beamed and I beamed. It is a privilege to have him and now Congressman Hill serving my family on the "hill".

Having a dear "die-hard" Republican friend across the river in Louisville (who is very upset Northrup lost (I'm not)), but even he agrees Senator Bayh would make a good President.

It is nice there is someone who may be able to bring us all together and stop the divide in this country.

Go Senator Bayh! Go Congressman Hill! Let's CHANGE the Course!

Anonymous said...

I also wish Evan Bayh would run for Pres. I was disappointed yesterday when a news show had people discussing possible presidential candidates and he was not mentioned. Perhaps Hillary will pick him as a running mate. VP is better than nothing.

PS I also asked him to consider running for President and he just smiled and said he would think about that later after the election.

GO EVAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

We hear 50% of Dems want Hillary and 100% of Pubs want Hillary.

Think Evan Bayh with either Lee Hamilton as his VP, or his Secretary of Defense, or Secretary of State (any/or) is what we need to help get this great country of ours back on track.

Anonymous said...

Lee Hamilton would make an excellent Secretary of State.

I also want to see Evan Bayh as President but if we can't have him Hillary is a good choice.

The Republicans want her to run because they think they can beat her. Let's show them they are wrong if she does win the primary.

Anonymous said...

so are you backing Hubbard for Mayor yvonne?

A Democrat in Floyd County said...

Are you asking me who I am voting for? Let me get this straight -- you actually think I would tell you? Aren't you glad I backed out of being a Precinct Committeeperson? Next year I may charge people to put signs in my yard, no matter who the party is, just because I feel like it.

Will that make me a BAAAD Dem -- you have a lot of learn how I am and how I think.

Would YOU back Hubbard? It seems to be an important issue!

Anonymous said...

Back Randy Hubbard for Mayor?

Why don't you ask the families of inmates at Floyd County Jail? They give commisary money to their loved ones so they can purchase soap and deoderant for 2 or 3 times the regular price. This also goes for coffee, tea, cookies, and other snacks.

Guess where the profit goes? You guessed it, right in the Sheriff's pocket. The lower the expenditures the better for the Sheriff. This graft has been going on since Smiley Schindler was in office.

A Democrat in Floyd County said...

History and the education is important. Thanks for responding.