Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Back from fishing, unfortunately. Sweet, sweet reality. Today's posting will be short and sweet because of the backup of chores needing accomplished on this end of things.

We know AT&T and some others have come clean on what they turned over to the National Security Advisory Committee. We are still urging citizens to fill out the following form and mail it to your communications company, no matter whom they may be and ask the following:

Are You Helping The Government Invade My Privacy?

Revelations regarding the Bush administration's illegal and warrantless spying on Americans have shown that some major telecommunications companies are enabling this illegal spying by allowing the National Security Agency to directly tap into their information pipelines.

As your customer, I expect you to treat my personal communications as totally private - no different than a letter that I write in a sealed envelope. This is my right under the U.S. Constitution. I do not intend to forfeit it and I don't expect you to forfeit it for me.

The content of my communications should not be read by anyone without a warrant issued by a judge. No warrant, no information.

Please write me at the address below to let me know what you are doing to safeguard my privacy and assure me that you are not allowing the NSA to tap into your information pipeline or helping the government violate my privacy in any other way.

Please make your company's policy on this critical issues crystal clear with a prompt response.

NAME:______________________________________________

ADDRESS:___________________________________________

Personally, I think this may be worth a lot of people's times and energies. Thoughts for the day. Gotta catch up from all that fishing. Have a good one New Albany.

No comments: