Monday, February 19, 2007

The Good and Bad Updates on MeeMaw's Grandbabies

Well, Austin is doing a lot better after the surgery on his ankle to take out the bone broken off 2 1/2 years ago. His foot that was misdiagnosed also, is doing better; though we suspect a fractured foot for that long may take a little bit of healing. His wound was bleeding for awhile (badly), but the Dr. said that was normal. I wasn't too sure about that for awhile, but he's doing a lot better now.

Aiden got sick before he could have those tonsils taken out this past Friday, so surgery for him has been cancelled again. "Meemaw's Angel" needs to get well enough so we can yank those things out seeing that's what's keeping him down - that, and everything going around daycare. We're thinking about bubble wrapping him; I dunno.

My son-in-law has the reallllly bad flu with all the symptoms from the upper respiratory infections, to throwing up to the lower extremities, too. He's never sick and my daughter is working so many hours for Boy's Haven, so pinch hitters (grandma and grandpa) are stepping in.

I am so thankful I made the decision to give up my career and stop traveling and come back here when I started having grandbabies. We all know from having our own how hard it can be, but when your grandbaby is ailing, it's like twice as hard on the grandparents, cos your baby is hurting and her baby is hurting. You get a double hit when it happens.

All will be fine, I'm sure. At 52, I'm simply thankful I'm able to help my kids out and sincerely glad I had my kids by 20 and 22 so I can be a somewhat "youngish" (hah hah) grandma. If I were any older, I don't think I could keep up with them. Such big grandsons from such petite daughters. Surely have been blessed with them...they have added an entirely different facet to my life, and so much love and joy. And those kisses...while they still let you!

The 3 year old tried to wipe my kisses off the other day, but MeeMaw told him her kisses are like glue and they can't come off, and then I just kissed him up one side and down the other. He sure is getting smart - "MeeMaw, get off of me". But, he still smiles when I call him "MeeMaw's Angel". That smile is worth a million bucks.

No comments: