Friday, February 23, 2007

PRIMARIES

Let's see...Mr. Castile isn't registered to vote, according to the Central Committee; thus I guess they will be asking him to step aside. His wife is registered; but no voter's registration found for him. We'll have to exclude him from the "Mayoral" race.

As Larry Kochert isn't running, Pat McGloughlin, whom I really like, will have his hands full with the Republican candidate, Lana Aebersole's husband. Larry, thank you for your years of service. These past four years have been hell...but ignorance is bliss on some people's part! Now, let's see who they can make the "villain" now for all of our problemos.

Glad to see Diana McCartin Petronelli(?) running in the 6th. Me and mine nor a lot of people in that District DO NOT WANT Mr. Bliss back in office (sorry, Mr. Bliss).

Several candidates have filed for 3rd District (OURS), but my family's support will go with Mr. Price. Nothing personal against any other candidate; we just love someone who has worked with us, has asked for an education about anything we may know and cares about ALL OF US.

Seeing I only have one Democrat mayoral candidate "courting" me and mine; I have to tell you, I have come FULL CIRCLE in my political life here in New Albany.

Haven't seen the current listing for today, but the mysterious e-mail I got yesterday made me cringe. Please, oh please, tell me one our biggest nightmares did not file for at-large, oh please tell me it ain't true. Can't tell yet according to the updating at the County Clerk's office. I hear it won't be updated until around 2:00; but all of the media ARE DOWN THERE. Cut-off was noon...so I guess everyone now knows who is running, except for the people being recruited to run as Independent.

The race is on...hopefully, may the best people that can lead and are knowledgeable succeed in their efforts.

Heat was on me to run for City Clerk; but I respectfully declined. As much as I try to make a graceful exit out of the "political" scene (because I sure couldn't tell I was making a dent), there seems to be more of a push to get me out there. This isn't the year! The 3-year old is looking forward toooo much to MeeMaw taking him fishing, camping and boating this summer and I realized -- HEY, I am too!

If anyone needs any information from Susan or I to bring you up to snuff on some of the issues...you know where we are (well, maybe not Susan -- but we'll find her)!

Take care New Albany, peace.

8 comments:

A Democrat in Floyd County said...

Why, yes it is true. Now, to decide which one of the two of you sent me the anonymous post to be put on my blog about Shirley. (And I will be sending her your comments!)

As I only know Shirley from seeing her at meetings and meeting her at a social function; there was absolutely no need for that posting.

If vicious is what you want, vicious is what you will get. I, personally, can not hardly wait until IT ALL COMES OUT about the two in question. How in the world do you feel you are going to overcome ALL OF THE BAGGAGE you are carrying? Mortal enemies have been made...blah, blah, blah.

I understand Ronnie Hornung signed up for City Clerk. No offense, Ronnie -- but, us as citizens who watched and read your minutes as City Clerk -- say NO WAY, HOSEA.

..........

A Democrat in Floyd County said...

I ain't even going to guess who is going to win in the Mayoral Primary amongst the Democrats.

Everyone seems to have their own opinions.

As far as the City Council (and we'll start with Mr. Kochert vacating his seat), the fight will be tremendous between McGloughlin & Aebersole (but that's in the fall).

With Steve Price, more come out of the woodwork -- including someone named Harshfield (that would be the S. Ellen Jones neighborhood) -- and I don't know him; haven't seen him; and am sticking with Mr. Price, personally.

Bev Crump isn't running for the Slate Run Road area. Glad to see Diane McCartin come out (though she's married and I never get that last name right -- Petronelli?) against Dick Bliss. Mr. Bliss has served and served. New intelligence, if that's possible, please......

Mr. Coffey seems to have only minor opposition. I'm not sure he will be beaten, period.

Mr. Gahan doesn't have any opposition in the Primary but will have his hands full in the fall. An awful lot of people know Dick Stewart simply from attending meetings throughout the years. He knows his neighborhoods.

Mr. Messer, Mr. Zurschmeide and Mr. Blevins all face surreal attacks -- from both sides of the fence. Go to the meeting at the Church that's mentioned on Highwayman's Blog...someone!

Mr. Schmidt should do well in his bid for his district. Of all the bad things I have seen printed about this gentleman; I'm here to say there isn't enough good things I, personally, can say about how much help and how much knowledge this gentleman brings to the table. And, some people may not appreciate his efforts to attend the legislative meetings at the State level, but me and mine surely appreciates him keeping us up on all the bills moving through the House and the Senate; especially when some of them REALLY IMPACT US, AS CITIZENS. He has surely helped educate me.

As always, this is my opiniated self speaking here.

This primary doesn't bother me, except in the at-large seats.

IT'S AFTER THE PRIMARY the truth will become, as posted above, self-evident.

A Democrat in Floyd County said...

Eric/Erica...I am not in your way...so I'm not sure why you are dictating I get out of your way... Boy...you must be paranoid to the MAX. Bite me.

G Coyle said...

Oh - are you the favorite target of slander blogger now? Well, I'll sure miss being treated to her malice on a daily basis. It's been so comforting as I'm dying.

A Democrat in Floyd County said...

Messing around and talking about politicians (in general) publically pretty much sets you up for the slander. As to the politicians -- as much as I have the right to write my opinion(s) on some serious issues -- maybe they feel slandered.

It is simply as said on the front posting. The truth will set you free; but as the try-to-be poster said in their "witty" way was to say they would rather lie 7 times than explain. Says it all.

You take care, and I hope other actions occur from the telphone calls made today to the State level about the problem house our whole street can not tolerate any longer.

Meanwhile, I'll try to talk with another individual I know and maybe neighbors can meet with them in a neighborhood meeting. The strength will be in all of us coming together and doing some serious confronting. But, as I was told when I moved into this town -- whatever you do Yvonne, KEEP IT PUBLIC.

You be safe...hope you have some better days after these horrible treatments you are having to endure. Keep the faith.

Anonymous said...

why cant castille run?

A Democrat in Floyd County said...

An official of the Floyd County Democrat Party personally told me they could not find a "voter's registration card" for this person. They found the wife's, but not his... That's Party Officials talking.

A Democrat in Floyd County said...

To the new Anonymous postings...I can't, with good conscience (whether I agree or disagree) print something against a candidate unless you are willing to put your name to it.

Sorry. Thanks for reading, though.