Sunday, February 18, 2007

TO MAURY GOLDBERG

Your words seem to speak two ways to me. It could help some to reel the TIF areas in, but not enough...is that what you are saying?

But, Maury, rather than try to come up with ANYTHING (like tax abatements that you kept in Committee for ten (10) years and getting that in hand), you seem to be taking up for Mr. Coffey.

Mr. Coffey offended me by saying "Yvonne, wouldn't you rather have a big, old, strong guy rescue you during a fire?" If that isn't a sexist statement to a female, I'm not sure what is.

If you want to make the firemen more "brawnier", isn't that discrimination against the women? We only have two as it is that can pass the physical portion of the test.

And, Maury, why isn't any one talking about discrimination against other races or genders on the police department? There is definitely disparity in numbers there, but, I guess we don't want to go there.

This City has to get spending under control, and I suppose you are condoning the Fire and Mayor spending the Fire Department monies without appropriate appropriation from the Council. It was on the Agenda for 7:15, but alas, someone spent it before Council could even approve the expenditure, much less whether the bids were needed. A taxpayer would still have to ask the question as to why the Controller ran the legals (2), if they didn't intend to follow the law? How come you, of all ones, didn't follow up on that or mention it on your blog?

Sunday's Tribune ought to make for interesting reading on one of these subjects at least, with Mr. Kochert and Mr. Coffey disagreeing on some issues. We'll see, won't we?

You do disappoint me in feeling some type of need to discredit me. I'm not running for office. Is it because I support the very man you got to run for office? We supported you, and you gave your seat to Mr. Price. We appreciate Mr. Price attempting to learn as he goes, and listening to taxpayers needs, rather than just one particular area of town you always concentrated on.

I guess the heat is on! Are you going to the fundraiser down at Culbertson West, or are you still in Garner's camp? Sure is going to be an interesting race, isn't it?

Already have my predictions picked though...you know how Frankie likes to bet those horses!

Take care, and peace to you and yours. Sorry, but we will have to beg to disagree, civilly, I hope.

No comments: