Wednesday, February 21, 2007

An Oh So Appropriate Comment for Right Now!

This quote came to me today, courtesy of the 8664.org people and I would like to thank them. It seems so appropriate at this momento in time!

"All truth passes three stages: First, it is ridiculed. Second, it's violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

-- Arthur Schopenhauer

Surely describes what some of us have been through as taxpayer advocates! Maybe now, in this very town, what I have always told Susan has come true...I can only hope.
Remember the book "The Hundreth Monkey" by Ken Kesey (?) from Kentucky? Susan and I always said until we had 100 people that would listen, then and only then could we effect change.

Hmmmm. I feel a ground swell coming on. Good.

P.S. Had a gut feeling I typed the wrong name in for the book we were talking about. His name is Ken Keyes -- The Hundreth Monkey. Such a library, I find I am a person that can not stand to get rid of any type of book; with me mainly collecting hardbook covers; but have paperbacks every which where. My hang up, but I like to think it may be a good one. My feelings are you simply can not have too many books; and I would really like to have a full library one day. Such my love for reading.

3 comments:

A Democrat in Floyd County said...

To Anonymous: See, I wouldn't rather tell seven lies than try to explain.

With this being "my" blog and "my" opinions, I'm pigeon holing you in the #1 category -- Ridiculer.

Thank you for taking the time to read what I posted, oh waster of my time.

A Democrat in Floyd County said...

Also, to the Anonymous quoter on Mark Twain -- Today is Washington's birthday, so I'll throw this one right back at ya!

"I am different from Washington; I have a higher, grander standard of principle. I can lie, but I won't."

Quoted In Mark Twain, Henderson

A Democrat in Floyd County said...

Such nasty comments from some anonymous posters.

1. Is this how you want this person to be remembered who filed his/her papers today?

2. Why do you feel or think YOU know who I am voting for?

Well, it certainly won't be for the new person who "filed" today; cos no one else would know I even know the candidate you are dissing, other than to speak to them.

NEXT?!?